Android robotics workshop
Izita 2.0 Reloaded
History of IEEE
IEEE, an association dedicated to advancing innovation and technological excellence for the benefit of humanity, is the world’s largest technical professional society. It is designed to serve professionals involved in all aspects of the electrical, electronic, and computing fields and related areas of science and technology that underlie modern civilization.
IEEE’s roots go back to 1884 when electricity began to become a major influence in society. There was one major established electrical industry, the telegraph, which since the 1840s had come to connect the world with a data communications system faster than the speed of transportation. The telephone and electric power and light industries had just gotten underway.
IEEE at a Glance
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
IEEE Quick Facts
- More than 422,000 members in more than 160 countries, more than 50 percent of whom are from outside the United States
- More than 123,000 Student members
- 339 Sections in ten geographic Regions worldwide
- More than 5 million documents in the IEEE Xplore® digital library, with more than 8 million downloads each month
- Has over 1,250 active standards and more than 700 standards under development
The IEEE SB ASIET is delighted to announce that IEEE PES SBC ASIET has been awarded the IEEE PES High Performing Student Branch Chapter Program (HPSBCP) of 2022.
IEEE SB ASIET is delighted to announce that IEEE CS SBC ASIET has received the Annual Chapter Grant from IEEE CS MGAB.